Jake the Alligator Man’s Birthday celebration runs August 2-3, 2019 and includes a variety of events — most suitable for all ages! This year’s fun, fresh theme includes all things circus!
Friday, August 2
Jake’s Burlesque Bachelor Party: Long Beach Elks Lodge. Doors open at 6:30 PM. Space is limited – pre-registration is recommended.
- Enjoy a delicious meal with live big band music by Orchestre L’Pow
- Comedy burlesque act by Snatch Adams
- Live auction with great items available, including a seat at the judge’s table for the Bride of Jake contest, signed event artwork by local artist Don Nisbett, and more!
- Lively adult-themed burlesque show and live music to finish up the evening’s entertainment
- Must be 21 or over to attend.
Saturday, August 3
- 10:00 AM: Car show begins. Admire a wide variety of cool, classic, and wild vehicles. Participants, be sure to register in advance!
- 11:00 AM: Vendors on hand selling food, drink and quirky Jake-themed merchandise. Vendors, be sure to register in advance.
- 11:30 AM: Participants in the Birthday Parade assemble on the lawn in front of Marsh’s Free Museum for the short walk to Veteran’s Field. Free to participate and prizes will be awarded — be sure to register in advance!
- 12:00 PM: Beer garden opens at Veteran’s Field.
- 12:00 PM: Parade begins from Marsh’s Free Museum with dog contestants leading the way.
- 12:30 PM: Dog costume judging at Veteran’s Field.
- 1:00 PM: Entertainment by Snatch Adams – giant balloon act, funny faces and more.
- 1:00 PM: A variety of circus acts performs just off-stage and wandering through the crowd, including aerialists, fire breathers, jugglers and more.
- 2:00 PM: Live music by talented local band ‘Burial Stump’ from Hoquiam.
- 3:00 PM: Bride of Jake contest begins, a crowd favorite! Contestants must register in advance.
- 4:00 PM: Live music by big band themed Orchestre L’Pow.
- 5:00 PM: Special guest, Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid performs.
- 5:30 PM: Winners of the Car Show and Bride of Jake contest announced.
- 6:00 PM: Orchestre L’Pow returns to wrap up the day’s entertainment